** UPDATE – IF YOU UPGRADED TO 3.0.4 DON’T USE THIS RIGHT NOW **
Thanks again to PalmPreacher!!!
We now have a full working Hebrew Keyboard!!!
This post is all about installing Hebrew onto your HP TouchPad virtual Keyboard.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
This act is intrusive and may void your warranty.
We take no responsibility for any damage that might happen!
Before you start, make sure your device is in Developer Mode, and that you already have Hebrew fonts on it.
you also need novaterm to access the device linux (for more information about it check WebOS Internals)
- On 32 bit Windows download novaterm1.zip and unzip it into the \program files\palm\sdk\bin directory.
- On 64 bit Windows download novaterm64.zip and unzip it into the \program files\palm\sdk\bin directory.
1. Download the file keypatch.zip or visit the special WebOS Internals page dedicated to the TouchPad virtual keyboard.
2. unzip the file somewhere on your computer in a folder keypatch
3. Connect your TouchPad to your computer and select USB Drive
4. Copy the keypatch folder to the TouchPad USB Driver.
5. Nicely disconnect (eject) your TouchPad.
6. Reconnect your TouchPad but this time select close (not the USB Drive)
7. run novaterm (from your PC).
8. change directory by typing: cd /media/internal/keypatch
9. apply patch by typing: sh patch.sh patch heb.json
This process takes about 10 minutes. have patience!
when done, go to Regional Settings and add 2 English Keyboards. First one qwerty, and the second: azerty
Support webOS Community:
for more than 2 years now, palmpreacher gives you patches, apps and information focused for the Israeli & Hebrew speaking audience.
please consider supporting this great community by downloading WritePad HD For HP TouchPad (it’s only 0.99$ )
and of course, don’t forget to donate WebOS Internals.