August 29th, 2011
So you got yourself a cheap HP TouchPad and you can’t read Hebrew on it…
Some might say who cares, and that’s true to most people that got it but I do need Hebrew on it.
Guide is a Repost from Hebrew here – Linky
Before you install Hebrew Fonts onto your webOS device (HP TouchPad, Palm Pre2, Palm Pre3, HP Veer) make sure you’ve done the following steps:
1. Turn on Developer mode. – In English – In Hebrew
2. Install webOS Quick Install – In English – In Hebrew
3. download the Hebrew Fonts
4. Start webOS Quick Install.
5. after you open the webOSQuickInstall select the send file from the tools menu.
6. press the button with the … and select the file you downloaded – Heisei_Kaku_Gothic_nb.ttf
7. select destination folder to: /usr/share/fonts
8. press send to device button.
9. restart the device – enjoy Hebrew…
They are working on a Hebrew Keyboard for the TouchPad as well